Seeded Spelt Crackers
That good nutritious cracker, which actually enriches the dietary intake. Aka… YUM.
The classic Wholesome World app addiction to seeds is Nut Free for so many of this worlds’ allergy, but manages to push simple, good low cost, easily creates recipes.
Our Seeded Spelt Crackers contain Gluten, from the spelt, but are so much more packed with vitamins, being an old age grain than the new age white crackers. Particularly protein and strong dietary fibre.
The seeds are there not only for taste, but are valuable sources of fibre and provide us with a wealth of healthy fats, vitamins and minerals.
Seeded Spelt Crackers Recipe
Serves: 14 crackers
Time to create: 25 mins
DF, V, Ve, NF
75g wholemeal spelt flour
75g white spelt flour
50g mixed seeds – flaxseeds, sunflower and sesame
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp honey
1⁄2 tsp seasalt
1⁄4 tsp ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- Mix together the flour in a large mixing bowl, with half of the mixed seeds and the seasoning.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the olive oil and honey.
- Add the oil mixture to the flour and thoroughly mix to make a dough.
- Roll the dough out on a floured surface (or between two pieces of baking parchment) approx 2mm thick.
- Sprinkle the rest of the seeds over the dough and roll into the surface of the dough.
- Gently cut the dough into 14 squares.
- Using a spatula place on a lined baking tray and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove and transfer to a cooling rack using the baking paper.
Really good to eat with any dip, but guacamole is a good, speedy, fresh classic on the Wholesome World app that bulks up the nutrition for your daily intake.
Annabelle is a lovely friend who is naturally focused on an organic natural life. Otherwise known as @NatureBelleinCornwall on Instagram.
Well worth a gander. Or read more about her in the Annabelle diary post.
|||% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat||4g (6%)|
|– Saturated Fat||0g|
|– Monounsaturated Fat||2 g|
|– Polyunsaturated Fat||1 g|
|– Trans Fat||0 g|
|– Cholesterol||0 mg ( 0 % )|
|Sodium||1 mg ( 0 % )|
|Potassium||71 mg ( 2 % )|
|Total Carbohydrate||10 g ( 3 % )|
|– Dietary Fiber||2 g ( 7 % )|
|– Sugars||1 g|
|Protein||2 g ( 5% )|
|Vitamin A||( 0 % )|
|Vitamin C||( 0 % )|
|Calcium||( 1 % )|
|Iron||( 4 % )|
Wholesome World provides digital access to healthy lifestyle information and medical research. It is approved by the National Health Service (NHS) and features in the app library. Download the app here and follow us on Instagram.