Seeded Oat Bar
Simple delicious and yummy. Something that will last a few days and treat you both nutrition and sweet moments. Hemp is high in protein and nutrients and hugely health beneficial.
They’re used by me for travel foods the most, and back up friend arrivals for tea!
Hemp, sunflower and flaxseeds provide a healthy balance of omega 3 and 6 which is just what we need for a anti-inflammatory diet.
Oats are super prebiotic fibre to help keep our gut microbiome in balance too.
Coconut oil provides some good fat – it may be saturated, but this plant fat has been shown to improve cholesterol ratios. It is highly stable when heated meaning it doesn’t get damaged like other oils do.
Dates are a useful addition to add sweetness whilst also providing useful fibre too.
It’s delightfully easy to add your favourite extras; I chunkily chop dark chocolate or throw in crunched nuts (I love walnuts) to the mix, and they should all fit in simply and perfectly.
Seeded Oat Bars
Time to create: 30 mins
Time for personal effort: 10 mins
GF – NF – DF – V
180c for 15-20 mins
100g Oats (GF if needed)
25g Sunflower seeds
25g Shelled hemp seeds
100g Coconut oil
Baking tray & parchment
- Heat your oven to 170C .
- In a pan place the coconut oil and honey, mix until melted.
- Add the oats, ground flax, sunflower and hemp seeds and mix well, to coat in the melted mix. Chop the dates & add to the mix. Add the coconut oil while stirring, followed by the honey, until all mixes in well.
- Line a 20 x 20cm baking sheet with baking parchment.
- Spoon in & spread out the flapjack mix until even. Place in the oven and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- When cooked remove from the oven and leave to cool for 5-10 minutes. You can lift the edging of the parchement lightly to straighten the edges while it sets.
- Then carefully lift out of the baking tray and cut into 12 even pieces & leave to cool totally.
- Store in and airtight container in the fridge to keep fresh and firm.
|||% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat||12g (19%)|
|Saturated Fat||8g (39%)|
|Total Carbohydrate||17g (6%)|
|Dietary Fiber||2g (8%)|
Wholesome World provides digital access to healthy lifestyle information and medical research. It is approved by the National Health Service (NHS) and features in the app library. Download the app here and follow us on Instagram.
Follow Wholesome World
Recipes 🌱 Nutrition
Well-being 🌱 Medical Resources
NHS approved Health App
Download me ↓