Garlic health benefits
Garlic is beautifully known as a body detoxifier, preparing Roasted Garlic is an easy way to add the health benefits to your diet. It is laden with antioxidants which boost your body defence for chronic diseases and strongly enhance your immune system. Garlic is highly anti-microbial too so can help guard against bacterial infections.
If you have the time, reduce the temperature of the oven all the way down to 45°C (for approx 1.5hrs), this will allow the allicin to remain in premium structure.
What is allicin? “Allicin is a compound that may help ease inflammation and block free radicals, unstable molecules that harm cells and tissues in your body.” – Taken from WEBMED.
The compound is one of garlic’s primary active components and gives it its distinct taste and scent.
It us known to restrain cellular damage and brain damage due to it’s antioxidant properties which is said to remove stress. Allcin is also known as a antioxidant and anti-inflammatory agent as it shows cholesterol levels to be reduced.
There are so many ways to enjoy this versatile recipe, if you enjoy dishes that are full of flavour and nutrition, this wholesome favourite ticks the box…
how to enjoy Roasted Garlic
- Add to butter for a nutritious spread, perfection for Garlic Bread.
- Combine with a good quality olive oil for a salad dressing or bread dip.
- Simply add to soups or stews for enhanced health and flavour benefits.
- Stir into natural yogurt or sour cream for a nutritous dip.
- Use in place of garlic with a classic pesto recipe, try it with my ‘Wild Garlic Pesto’.
If you like the look of this recipe, you may also like:
Top 5 Easy & Healthy BBQ Recipes
Have you realised you can now get the Wholesome World health & wellness app as my first publication; Wholesome World Cookbook & Life. With over 100 recipes in the app and the book, all full of nutritional goodness, you can open the door to taking control of your health.
Wholesome World was built upon ten years of authorised research including recipes, nutritional insight & digital health and wellness links throughout the app, download here with a 10 day free trial period. You can learn more about my story as a brain tumour survivor by heading to my diary post; Wholesome World Cookbook & Life. Please share the love and follow us on Instagram and/or Facebook.
ROASTED GARLIC RECIPE
SERVES 10 | 45 MINS | GF – DF – V – Ve – NF – SS
2 Garlic Bulbs
1 tsp Olive Oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 180c.
- De-head the garlic cloves, so each clove is opened.
- Brush or drizzle lightly with olive oil.
- Wrap in foil and cook in the oven for 45 mins, until it shows a brown crispy top.
- Take out, allow to lightly cool, then enjoy as a tasty nutritious butter – or supplement to so many dishes!
NUTRITIONAL insight taken from the wholesome world app
Wholesome World provides digital access to healthy lifestyle information and medical research. Download the app here and follow us on Instagram.
Follow Wholesome World
Recipes 🌱 Nutrition
Well-being 🌱 Medical Resources
NHS approved Health App
Download me ↓