Prawn Courgetti Spaghetti
Prawn Courgetti Spaghetti is a wholesome combination of seasonal courgettes, offer a low carb version of a wheat heavy pasta. Easily vegan by removing the prawns and you can easily grow your own pea shoots on a window sill.
A combination of courgettes, chard and spinach give you three of your eight a day in one dish. Green leafy veg are extremely nutrient dense foods containing a huge array of vitamins, minerals and anti cancer plant chemicals.
Growing leaves at home can be a very therapeutic and satisfying way to ease these into your lifestyle. Perfect for windowsill containers and trough’s for those with small spaces for kitchen gardens.
This gives the added benefit of being freshly available. This is important as green leaves loose their nutrient content very quickly when they are stored and start to wilt.
– RECIPE –
PRAWN COURGETTI SPAGHETTI
Time to create: 10 mins
Gluten Free, Nut Free
- 4x courgette
- 2tsp Coconut Oil
- 400g King Prawns (ethically sourced)
- 8tsp Green Pesto
- 2x Lemons
- 4x tsp Creme fraiche
- 100g Spinach
- 200g Red Chard
- 50g Pea Shoots
- Pinch of salt and twist of black pepper
- First things first, pull out your spiralizer & get to work on the courgette. Quick and simple -very satisfying.
- Heat a tbsp of coconut oil in the frying pan, before adding the prawns.
- After just a short cook, as the prawns start to turn pink, add in your courgetti!
- Simply throw in the pesto, lemon & creme fraiche as the courgette hits your favourite texture; mine takes just 2 mins in the frying pan, decrease the heat and stir it in.
- Chop the leaves after rinsing them & stir them into the pan as you turn off the heat altogether. Keep stirring while you add a pinch of salt & pepper & the leaves hit a perfect mid malt.
|||% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat||8 g ( 13 % )|
|– Saturated Fat||4 g ( 18 % )|
|– Monounsaturated Fat||1 g|
|– Polyunsaturated Fat||4 g|
|– Trans Fat||0 g|
|– Cholesterol||0 mg ( 0 % )|
|Sodium||381 mg ( 16 % )|
|Potassium||334 mg ( 10 % )|
|Total Carbohydrate||4 g (1 % )|
|– Dietary Fiber||2 g ( 8 % )|
|– Sugars||1 g|
|Protein||24 g ( 48% )|
|Vitamin A||25 %|
|Vitamin C||14 %|