Pink panther bowl – breakfast recipe
NEW to the Wholesome World app is the perfect seasonal & healthy breakfast recipe.
This is a great standby to have in the fridge as it can be used at breakfast served with porridge/cereal & yogurt or as a dessert over ice cream with Greek yogurt.
This breakfast recipe is super versatile and can be made with a variety of seasonal fruits… apples. pears, peaches, berries, pineapple…
In this version, the plums contain anticancer properties and plenty of vitamin A, C & K, so good for bones and healing. They contain unsolicited acid which has anti cancer properties alongside the numerous vitamins. Their fibre, antioxidant & potassium levels are also thought to be contributory to their heart protective properties.
Adding cinnamon can help with balancing blood glucose levels. The perfect healthy breakfast recipe.
If you like the look of this breakfast recipe, you may also like:
Have you realised you can now get the Wholesome World health & wellness app as my first publication; Wholesome World Cookbook & Life. With over 100 recipes in the app and the book, all full of nutritional goodness, you can open the door to taking control of your health.
Wholesome World was built upon ten years of authorised research including recipes, nutritional insight & digital health and wellness links throughout the app, download here with a 10 day free trial period. You can learn more about my story as a brain tumour survivor by heading to my diary post; Wholesome World Cookbook & Life. Please share the love and follow us on Instagram and/or Facebook.
PINK PANTHER BOWL
SERVES 4 | 20 MINS | GF – DF – V – VE – NF – SS
- 500G DE-STONED PLUMS (OR SEE DESCRIPTION ABOVE FOR ALTERNATIVES)
- 500G PEACH SKINNED & SLICED
- 1 STICK / 2 TSP GROUND CINNAMON
- Place the prepared plums and rhubarb in a. broad based pan, add the cinnamon and just enough water to just cover the base of the pan.
- Place on a medium – low heat with a tight fitting lid and gently simmer for 5 minutes.
- Check and gently move the fruit around, it should be beginning to soften and release juices, but if needed add a little more water, replace the lid and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Turn the heat off and leave the lid on allowing the fruit to cool down slowly.
- If not eating all at once, place in a kilner-style jar, tupperware and store in the fridge for up to 10 days.
NUTRITIONAL INSIGHT TAKEN FROM THE WHOLESOME WORLD APP
Follow Wholesome World
Recipes 🌱 Nutrition
Well-being 🌱 Medical Resources
NHS approved Health App
Download me ↓