A sea-inspired spring healthy fish recipe… sunny alfresco dining is on the horizon….
My wholesome Ocean Bouillabaisse is perfection with cod, snapper or monkfish. Sustainable fishing in your area is so important, be it liaising with the local fisherman or the shops that know and support the sources. This dish is deviously versatile and can work a variety of catches.
I do love a simply seared lobster, when you find a good local source, just grilled or bbq’d and thrown in chunks on top of this dish. Exacerbate it with whatever you stumble upon, I see foraged mussels as nutrition halos if you get them within the season during low tide. (Oct – March, UK)
” I see foraged mussels as nutrition halos if you get them within the season during low tide.”
A hearty one-pot meal fish recipe, high in protein, vitamins and minerals from the fish. Fennel contains some exceptional antioxidants and acts as a digestive aid. It also provides vitamin C, as does the red pepper.
Celery is great added to any dish that will take it. It has some very special pectin-based polysaccharides which are protective of the stomach and it’s that will take it. It has some very special pectin-based polysaccharides which are protective of the stomach and its lining. Add a good handful of parsley to support the liver too as this aids detoxification.
If you like the look of this recipe, you may also like:
Have you realised you can now get the Wholesome World health & wellness app as my first publication; Wholesome World Cookbook & Life. With over 100 recipes in the app and the book, all full of nutritional goodness, you can open the door to taking control of your health.
Wholesome World was built upon ten years of authorised research including recipes, nutritional insight & digital health and wellness links throughout the app, download here with a 10 day free trial period. You can learn more about my story as a brain tumour survivor by heading to my diary post; Wholesome World Cookbook & Life. Please share the love and follow us on Instagram and/or Facebook.
OCEAN BOUILLABAISSE RECIPE
SERVES 6 | 55 MINS | GF DF NF
1 tbsp Coconut oil
1 Onion (large)
4 Celery legs
2 Leeks (large)
4 cloves Garlic
1 Red pepper
125ml Dry white wine
400g Large tomatoes
. litre Fish stock
150 ml Tomato pur.e
Pinch of Sea salt
Crack of Black pepper
Handful Curly parsley
1. Turn on the heat, low, and add the coconut oil to large saucepan to melt.
2. Chop the onion, celery, leeks and fennel into thin slices alongside finely chopping the garlic. Fry the chopped ingredients, cover and cook for 10 minutes, on a low heat stirring occasionally.
3. Whilst frying, chop the red pepper into slim strips, chunkily chop your tomatoes, then add all to the pan with the wine, stir together and cook for a further 10 minutes at low temperature.
4. While this is cooking, set up your fish stock, so it is ready to add. After the 10 mins is up; add the pur.e, fish stock and bring to a boil stirring well. Simmer uncovered for 15 minutes, to get the right saucy thickness.
5. Chop the fish into chunky bite size pieces and add to the pan; cover and cook for 10 minutes until tender.
6. Add salt and pepper to taste, followed by the parsley, which you can rip up and stir in; you can save some parsley and sprinkle some to garnish individual servings.
Wholesome World provides digital access to healthy lifestyle information and medical research. Download the app here and follow us on Instagram.
Follow Wholesome World
Recipes 🌱 Nutrition
Well-being 🌱 Medical Resources
NHS approved Health App
Download me ↓