Breakfast & Beyond Podcast
Conversations from Cornwall on Sustainable Living
This winter has been beautiful, windy, rugged and driven by the outdoor surroundings.
Whilst being secluded by our world health restraints this year, 2021, it has been beautiful to open the mind and share it with nearby souls like Tia, Breakfast & Beyond.
Time has been flying so fast, and it’s important to take a breath and reset your mind to focus on the world and your personal health. Set to sustainable and health focused life hurdles.
PODCAST: Sustainable living issue: wellbeing & reducing the risk of cancer
I think that one of our obvious boosts for connection is the importance and satisfaction of breakfast.
Did you know that it was less than 1/2 a decade ago that I realised that breakfast was named as such to ‘break the fast’ that sleep imposes on us.
On top of that, it is on of the most guaranteed moments that you consume fuel required for the day, so the energy, the calories and the nutrients will be digested and required. Deliciously satiating opening to the day.
Whilst having this mind opening and enforcing talk, we beautifully enjoyed a calm surrounding of her beautiful brunch surroundings. A large family, beautiful stone and wooden laden, dining room with both the wide fireplace and Aga, local honey and vegetables, berries and yoghurt or salivate over and guzzle through the ‘interview’ morning chat.
The donated dish is known as her Festive Leftovers Shakshuka and more than worth a view.
New Years is here, and what are good, simple, achievable things to add to the tick list?
- Start to make your own dishes, steps per month is a great slow and easy path to follow.
- Seasonal and local ingredients to be added to your kitchen. Reduce non-eco packaging.
- Emit processed sugar and carbohydrates and let your body hold the whole grain energy. Let it last longer.
- Wholegrain pasta & bread alongside replacing and reducing white sugars with unprocessed carob, maple, agave or honey.
- Take a mental moment to reset every day. Turn off and restart. Works a wonder.
- Mental health is so important, don’t overload yourself. And realise that if you need to see someone like a doctor – it’s normal. It’s worth it. Do it.
- I find that calibrating my mind into a diary makes you not diminish its weight and is beautiful to re-read.
- Enjoy the nature daily, satisfy your immersion in your surroundings. Start with a walk daily, and maintain it. Enhance it when possible into a jog, swim, surf or anything that physically satiates you.
- Pass on the love through a smile, to yourself or others. Endorphins are worth it.
EAT WELL – THINK WELL – GET OUTSIDE – LOVE LIFE
Wholesome World provides digital access to healthy lifestyle information and medical research.
It is approved by the National Health Service (NHS) and features in the app library.
WHOLESOME WORLD DIARY
Recipes 🌱 Nutrition
Well-being 🌱 Medical Resources
NHS approved Health App
Download me ↓